How is it different to other forms of child care?
Your child's education and care is provided by an individual educator who is an approved, early childhood education and care professional, operating within their own home.
Educators work with small groups of no more than four children under school age (Plus up to 3 additional school age children, for outside of school hours care.)
Educators work in partnership with a local coordination unit who provide regular visits to monitor the children's progress and to provide support.
Did you know that across Australia:
Family day care has operated for over 35 years.
Over 75,000 families use family day care and over 117,000 children are enrolled in family day care.
There are over 16,000 FDC Educators, and over 460 FDC coordination units.
Family day care is the major provider of regulated, flexible, non standard hours child care.
This is no Second Rate choice!!!!
- The home based setting provides a familiar, safe and secure learning environment.
- Family day care can offer care during standard hours, evenings, before/after school, during school holidays and in some cases overnight and weekends.
- Family day care can provide education and care for children from babies to school age; offering the possibility for siblings to be cared for together, all in one location.
- Family day care provides experiences which reflect the diversity of your community.
- Family Day Care is a better form of care for families who rely on grandparents to provide occasional care. The similarity between what grandparents provide and Family Day Care makes for a smooth and less interrupted week for children.
Benefits of Family Day Care.
Family day care provides early childhood education and care services for children across Australia.
- Family day care operates under the same National Quality Framework (NQF) as other forms of childcare; incorporating national regulations, quality and qualification standards, educational frameworks and an assessment and ratings process.
- Parents are eligible to the same Federal Government Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate subsidies.
- Developmentally appropriate programs are on offer.
- Health, hygiene and safety standards are maintained to a high level.
- Safe and Secure Environment.
How is it similar to Centre
based child care?